Definition of United States Pharmacopeia
United States Pharmacopeia: Abbreviated USP. A publication, established in 1820, that contains legally recognized standards of identity, strength, quality, purity, packaging, and labeling for drug substances, dosage forms, and other therapeutic products, including nutritionals and dietary supplements. See also: National Formulary.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 10/9/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Drugs and Treatment Resources
- Psoriasis Treatment Strategies for You and Your Doctor
- 4 Vitamins and Minerals Adults Need
- Is Hormone Replacement Therapy for You?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair