Definition of Actinomycetes
Actinomycetes: A group of gram-positive bacteria (order Actinomycetales) that produce various bioactive agents including antibiotics, enzymes, and vitamins. Streptomyces belong to this bacterial order.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair