Definition of Bursitis, septic
Bursitis, septic: Inflammation of a bursa due to infection, usually with bacteria. Septic bursitis is treated with antibiotics, aspiration, and surgery. Also known as infectious bursitis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are You Managing Your RA?
- Arthritis and Lyme Disease
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?