Definition of Borborygmi
Borborygmi: Rumbling sounds caused by gas moving through the intestines, commonly referred to as stomach "growling"). Pronounced BOR-boh-RIG-mee. The singular is borborygmus.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu