Definition of Borborygmi
Borborygmi: Rumbling sounds caused by gas moving through the intestines, commonly referred to as stomach "growling"). Pronounced BOR-boh-RIG-mee. The singular is borborygmus.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?