Definition of Cancer, gastric
Cancer, gastric: A malignant tumor of the stomach. Gastric cancer can develop in any part of the stomach and can spread from the stomach to other organs. Symptoms of stomach cancer are often vague, such as loss of appetite and weight. Gastric cancer is diagnosed via a biopsy of stomach tissue during an endoscopy. Also called stomach cancer.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication