Definition of Hepatic duct
Hepatic duct: A duct that carries bile from the liver into the common bile duct which conveys it to the duodenum (the upper part of the small intestine). There are three hepatic ducts: the right hepatic duct (which drains bile from the right half of the liver); the left hepatic duct (which drains bile from the left half of the liver); and the common hepatic duct (which is formed by the junction of the right and left hepatic ducts).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu