Definition of Common hepatic duct
Common hepatic duct: The duct formed by the junction of the right hepatic duct (which drains bile from the right half of the liver) and the left hepatic duct (which drains bile from the left half of the liver). The common hepatic duct then joins the cystic duct coming from the gallbladder to form the common bile duct.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?