Definition of Gastric MALT lymphoma
Gastric MALT lymphoma: A low-grade malignant lymphoma of the stomach associated with chronic infection by the bacterium H. pylori. Three-quarters of gastric MALT lymphomas regress after the eradication of H. pylori with antibiotics. The one-quarter that are unresponsive to antibiotics carry a characteristic chromosomal translocation or are at an advanced stage. The translocation is of the t(11;18)(q21;q21) type.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu