Definition of Gastric MALT lymphoma
Gastric MALT lymphoma: A low-grade malignant lymphoma of the stomach associated with chronic infection by the bacterium H. pylori. Three-quarters of gastric MALT lymphomas regress after the eradication of H. pylori with antibiotics. The one-quarter that are unresponsive to antibiotics carry a characteristic chromosomal translocation or are at an advanced stage. The translocation is of the t(11;18)(q21;q21) type.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?