Definition of Cancer, skin
Cancer, skin: Cancer of the outer surface of the body. The most common cancer in the U.S. There are many types of skin cancer. Ultraviolet light from sunlight is the main cause of skin cancer. Unexplained changes in the appearance of the skin, lasting longer than 2 weeks, should be evaluated by a doctor. The cure rate for skin cancer could be 100% if all skin cancers were brought to a doctor's attention before they had a chance to spread.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication