Definition of Adverse reaction
Adverse reaction: In pharmacology, any unexpected or dangerous reaction to a drug. An unwanted effect caused by the administration of a drug. The onset of the adverse reaction may be sudden or develop over time.
Also called an adverse drug event (ADE), adverse drug reaction (ADR), adverse effect or adverse event.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication