Definition of Cecum
Cecum: The first portion of the large bowel, which is situated in the lower-right quadrant of the abdomen. The cecum receives fecal material from the small bowel (ileum), which opens into it. The appendix is attached to the cecum.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?