Definition of Cholesterol, "Bad"
Cholesterol,: Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.LDL is the so-called "bad cholesterol". Elevated levels of LDL cholesterol are associated with cardiovascular disease such has stroke or heart attack. Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Cholesterol Meds and Grapefruit Juice
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication