Definition of Chronic phase
Chronic phase: Refers to the early stages of chronic myelogenous leukemia. The number of immature, abnormal white blood cells in the bone marrow and blood is higher than normal, but lower than in the accelerated or blast phase.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication