Definition of Colony-stimulating factor
Colony-stimulating factor: A laboratory-made agent that is similar to substances in the body that stimulate the production of blood cells. Abbreviated CSF. Treatment with CSF can help blood-forming tissue recover from the effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication