Definition of Common bile duct
Common bile duct: The duct that carries bile from the gallbladder and liver into the duodenum (upper part of the small intestine). The common bile duct is formed by the junction of the cystic duct, from the gallbladder, and the common hepatic duct, from the liver.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?