Definition of Cyst, synovial, of the popliteal space
Cyst, synovial, of the popliteal space: A swelling in the space behind the knee (the popliteal space). The swelling is composed of a membrane-lined sac filled with synovial fluid that has escaped from the joint. Commonly called Baker's cyst.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication