Definition of Diaphragmatic hernia
Diaphragmatic hernia: Passage of a loop of bowel through the diaphragm muscle. This type of hernia occurs as the bowel from the abdomen protrudes (herniates) upward through the diaphragm into the chest (thoracic) cavity.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu