Definition of Diverticulitis, bleeding from
Diverticulitis, bleeding from: Diverticular bleeding typically occurs intermittently and rapidly over several days. Colonoscopy is usually performed to confirm the diagnosis and exclude bleeding from other causes. Thermal probes cannot be employed to stop active diverticular bleeding. Therefore, surgical removal of the bleeding diverticula is necessary for those with persistent or recurrent bleeding.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?