Definition of Diverticulitis, bleeding from
Diverticulitis, bleeding from: Diverticular bleeding typically occurs intermittently and rapidly over several days. Colonoscopy is usually performed to confirm the diagnosis and exclude bleeding from other causes. Thermal probes cannot be employed to stop active diverticular bleeding. Therefore, surgical removal of the bleeding diverticula is necessary for those with persistent or recurrent bleeding.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu