Definition of Gastropathy
Gastropathy: Disease of the stomach, as in hypoproteinemic hypertrophic gastropathy. Gastropathy comes from gastro- referring to the stomach + the Greek pathos meaning disease. Pronounced gas-trop-a-the with the emphasis on the trop.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu