Definition of Reiki
Reiki: ("RAY-kee") A Japanese form of energy healing believed to have originated in the late 19th century. Reiki centers on the manipulation of ki, the Japanese version of chi. Rei translates to God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki to "life force energy". Reiki is the "spiritually guided life force energy." Reiki is based on the belief that when spiritual energy is channeled through a reiki practitioner, the patient's spirit is healed, which in turn heals the physical body." Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Complementary Medicine Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Relaxation Techniques for Migraines
- Can Yogurt Cure a Yeast Infection?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?