Definition of Hereditary kidney cancer
Hereditary kidney cancer: Kidney cancer due to a gene than can be transmitted from parent to child. The vast majority of kidney cancer cases are not hereditary, but a small proportion of renal cell cancers are caused by hereditary syndromes.
Among these syndromes are:
All of these syndromes are inherited in an autosomal dominant manner.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Risk Factors for Kidney Cancer
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication