Definition of Gastroenterologic disease
Gastroenterologic disease: Any disease of the digestive system. Gastroenterologic disorders include Barrett's esophagus, bile duct disease, celiac disease, cirrhosis of the liver, colon polyps and colon cancer, constipation and diarrhea, Crohn's disease, diverticulosis and diverticulitis, gallbladder disease and gallstones, gastritis, GERD (gastroesophageal reflux), GI bleeding, hepatitis, hiatal hernia, indigestion, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), jaundice, liver disease, malabsorption, nausea and vomiting, nutrition, pancreatitis, peptic ulcer, rectal bleeding, swallowing abnormalities, and ulcerative colitis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?