Definition of Yttrium Y 90 ibritumomab tiuxetan
Yttrium Y 90 ibritumomab tiuxetan: An anticancer therapy that is a combination of the radioisotope yttrium-90 and a monoclonal antibody to produce substances that locate and bind to cancer cells. Also called IDEC-Y2B8 monoclonal antibody.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication