Definition of Behavioral medicine
Behavioral medicine: An interdisciplinary field of research and practice that focuses on how people's thoughts and behavior affect their health. Behavioral medicine is concerned, for example, with undesirable behaviors such as drug abuse, and utilizes behavior therapy techniques such as biofeedback, relaxation training, and hypnosis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 10 Problem That Could Mean Adult ADHD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication