Definition of Behavioral medicine
Behavioral medicine: An interdisciplinary field of research and practice that focuses on how people's thoughts and behavior affect their health. Behavioral medicine is concerned, for example, with undesirable behaviors such as drug abuse, and utilizes behavior therapy techniques such as biofeedback, relaxation training, and hypnosis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu