Definition of Acetyl phosphate
Acetyl phosphate: A molecular ion which plays a role in the synthesis of the four-carbon fatty acid, butyric acid. The formula for acetyl phosphate is: CH3COPO42-.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair