Definition of Cry for help
Cry for help: An expression of suicidal intent in the hope of receiving help and being rescued. A cry for help may take many different forms such as a telephone call, a message left on an answering phone, a note left in a conspicuous place, or an e-mail message. It may also be a symbolic gesture such as a superficial cut on the wrist.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu