Definition of Heptad repeat
Heptad repeat: A type of tandem repeat sequence in which a group of seven aminoacids occurs many times in a protein sequence. Heptad repeats are characteristic of certain proteins such as the intermediate filament proteins.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?