Definition of Heptad repeat
Heptad repeat: A type of tandem repeat sequence in which a group of seven aminoacids occurs many times in a protein sequence. Heptad repeats are characteristic of certain proteins such as the intermediate filament proteins.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu