Definition of ERCP
ERCP: Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography, a diagnostic procedure used to examine diseases of the liver, bile ducts, and pancreas. ERCP is usually performed under intravenous sedation rather than general anesthesia. ERCP provides important information that cannot be obtained by other means. Therapeutic measures can often be taken at the time of ERCP to remove stones in the bile ducts or to relieve obstructions of the bile ducts.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?