Definition of Psychodynamic therapy
Psychodynamic therapy: A type of psychotherapy that draws on psychoanalytic theory to help people understand the roots of emotional distress, often by exploring unconscious motives, needs, and defenses.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu