Definition of CD4
CD4: A large glycoprotein molecule found on the surface of T lymphocytes that serves as the receptor for HIV. The CD4 gene is on chromosome 12 in region 12pter-p12. CD4 is also called T4. See also: Absolute CD4 count.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths About HIV and AIDS
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu