Definition of ALCAM
ALCAM: A receptor expressed on T cells which is involved in the adhesion of cells. ALCAM stands for activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule. The gene encoding ALCAM is on chromosome 3 in region 3q13.1-q13.2. The ALCAM gene has been reported to be less active in breast tumors with a poor prognosis.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Women's Health Resources
- Can You Prevent a Yeast Infection?
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Tips for Dealing With Menopause Symptoms
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair