Definition of Fiber and constipation
Fiber and constipation: Insoluble fiber retains water in the colon, resulting in a softer and larger stool. It can be used effectively in treating constipation. Bran is particularly rich in insoluble fiber.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Can You Take Too Many Stool Softeners?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication