Definition of Gastric atrophy
Gastric atrophy: A condition in which the stomach muscles shrink and become weak. Gastric atrophy may result in a lack of digestive juices due to accompanying shrinkage of the digestive glands.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?