Definition of Gastroenteritis
Gastroenteritis: Inflammation of the stomach and the intestines. Gastroenteritis can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Gastroenteritis has numerous causes, including infections (viruses, bacteria, and parasites), food poisoning, and stress.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu