Definition of Gastroenteritis
Gastroenteritis: Inflammation of the stomach and the intestines. Gastroenteritis can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Gastroenteritis has numerous causes, including infections (viruses, bacteria, and parasites), food poisoning, and stress.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?