Definition of Gastrostomy
Gastrostomy: A surgical opening into the stomach. A gastrostomy may be used for feeding, usually via a feeding tube called a gastrostomy tube. Feeding can also be done through a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?