Definition of Gastrostomy
Gastrostomy: A surgical opening into the stomach. A gastrostomy may be used for feeding, usually via a feeding tube called a gastrostomy tube. Feeding can also be done through a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu