Definition of Golfer's cramp
Golfer's cramp: A dystonia that affects the muscles of the hand and sometimes the forearm and only occurs when playing golf. Similar focal dystonias have also been called typist's cramp, pianist's cramp, musician's cramp, and writer's cramp. Golfer's cramp provides a reason to switch to tennis (and get tennis elbow).Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 8/28/2013
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Expect During Surgery
- Treating OA: Should You Give Injectables a Shot?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication