Definition of Hemolytic anemia
Hemolytic anemia: Anemia due to the destruction, rather than underproduction, of red blood cells. Hemolytic anemia can result from a medication reaction, from the immune system attacking the red blood cells (autoimmune hemolytic anemia), from destruction of blood cells passing through diseased heart valves, and other causes.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- How Is Atrial Fibrillation Affecting You?
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu