Definition of Hernia
Hernia: A general term referring to a protrusion of a tissue through the wall of the cavity in which it is normally contained. Also known as rupture.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What You Should Know Before You Have Surgery
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Are Generics Just As Good?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication