Definition of Nutritional neuroscience
Nutritional neuroscience: The field of nutrition that relates to the central and peripheral nervous system. Nutritional neuroscience includes the role of different components of the normal diet (protein, carbohydrate, fat), dietary supplements (minerals, vitamins, hormones, herbs), and food additives (artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners) on neurochemistry, neurobiology, behavior, and performance.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Nutrition and Healthy Eating Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 11 No-Alcohol Drinks for Diabetes
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication