Definition of Hydatidiform mole
Hydatidiform mole: A tumor that forms in the uterus as a mass of cysts resembling a bunch of grapes. Hydatidiform moles occur during the childbearing years, and they do not spread outside the uterus. However, a malignancy called choriocarcinoma may start from a hydatidiform mole. In its early stages, a hydatidiform mole may look like a normal pregnancy. Diagnosis is based on a history of lack of fetal movement, a pelvic examination, an ultrasound, and a blood test to look for high
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?