Definition of Hypertension, pulmonary
Hypertension, pulmonary: High blood pressure in the pulmonary arteries. This elevated blood pressure can lead to severe shortness of breath and death. Lung transplantation is considered in severe cases that are unresponsive to treatments.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Heart Health Resources
- Tips for Living With AFib
- Will Health Reform Affect You?
- Know These 6 Serious Medical Symptoms of Afib
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?