Definition of Familial colorectal cancer
Familial colorectal cancer: A label applied to families that contain an unusual aggregation of members with cancer of the colon or rectum but that do not appear to have a known inherited colorectal cancer syndrome. Familial colorectal cancer (FCC) is essentially a descriptive term and does not point to a particular underlying cause.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Is a Clinical Trial Right for You?
- The Immune System's Role in Cancer
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication