Definition of Choana
Choana: An opening at the back of the nasal passage (there is a left and a right side) that empties into the space behind the nose called the nasopharynx, where the adenoids and eustachian tube are. The passage way continues down into the back of the mouth and into the throat.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?