Medical Definition of Triplet
Triplet: One of three, as:
1. One of three babies in a multiple birth. Or three animals gestated together.
2. In genetics, a set of three bases in DNA. Also called a codon. See: Crick-Brenner experiment.
3. In optics, a combination of three simple lenses cemented together.
Last Editorial Review: 9/14/2016
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What Is Inherited Lipodystrophy?
- Do You Take Good Care of Your Eyes?
- Tips for a Clean Home & Healthy Cat