Definition of Jejunostomy
Jejunostomy: A surgical operation to create an opening of the jejunum (a part of the small intestine).This can be done thru an abdominal incision or endoscopically. Usually refers to a procedure to establish enteral feeding but commonly done by a surgeon for one of many other reasons during a surgical procedure.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 9/20/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?