Definition of Hepatoma
Hepatoma: Cancer originating in the liver, in liver cells. More often called hepatocarcinoma or hepatocellular carcinoma. From hepat-, the liver + -oma, tumor = a liver tumor.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?