Definition of Sperm stem cell
Sperm stem cell: A cell that is incapable of fertilizing an egg cell but can give rise to cells that develop into sperm. Sperm stem cells can be grown in laboratory culture, providing a ready source of these cells, as was first demonstrated in mice. Also called a spermatogonial stem cell.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Men's Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Do Baseball Caps Cause Baldness?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication