Definition of Certified nurse-midwife
Certified nurse-midwife: A person with an AS, BS, or Master's degree in nursing who has also completed specialized training in midwifery. In the US, certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) must earn certification from the American College of Nurse-Midwives.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair