Definition of Malabsorption
Malabsorption: Poor intestinal absorption of nutrients. Malabsorption can occur from diseases that injure the bowels, such as Crohn's disease, Whipple's disease, celiac disease, and many others.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/19/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?