Definition of Movement, fetal
Movement, fetal: Movement of the fetus in the womb. The first fetal movements felt by the mother usually occur between 18 and 22 weeks of 'pregnancy but may occur earlier. Also known as 'quickening.Source: MedTerms™ Medical Dictionary
Last Editorial Review: 3/30/2012
Medical Dictionary Definitions A - Z
Search Medical Dictionary
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?